CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Joni's First Real Fight

Joni, Aubry and I went to this large indoor play area close to our house. It is four stories of tunnels, slides, and obstacles. Joni and Aubry loved it and Joni had found a couple friends that she was playing with while we where there. One was this little girl who looked about a year or two older than her. We had been there for about 2 hour, had lunch and Joni and her new little friend had made it all the way to the top level. They were leaning on the mesh walls by the biggest twirly slide I have ever seen. After a while it looked like they were arguing. You could see them lean toward each other I’m sure saying something like, “I’m the Princess!” “No, I’m the Princess.” This went on for about a minute then the little girl pushed Joni. So of course, Joni pushed her back. Then after about five pushes each the claws came out. I saw in slow motion the little girl scratch Joni across the face. I had made my way over under the slide and way trying to get their attention but they were so far up they could not hear me. Then they went to the ground! They were rolling back and forth like a real fight. And then I saw Joni’s mouth wide open going in for the bit. At that point I started up the big jungle maze. It took me about one minute to get to the top but once I got their Joni was gone. The little girl said she had pushed Joni down the slide. I didn’t want to say anything to the little girl because I knew Joni had bit her. So yes, I did it. I went down the twisty four-story slide. When I came out my hair was like a fiber optic ball. From all the static shocks I received while going down I was waiting for the ends of my hair to light up. Couple mothers clapped as I came out and said they’d never seen adult brave the “pink” slide before. After getting my hair semi under control I found Joni and she acted like nothing had happened. I had her come take a break and we talked about the fight for a minute. Then I told her she could go play again but she could not play with that little girl. So, Joni ran off to play and with in two minutes Joni and her wrestling buddy were playing like they were best friends. I don’t think the mom of the other little girl knew anything had happened. When we were leaving Joni said, “I hit, and scratched and bit. I am a nice girl.” Lucky she only had red marks on her face and arms; no blood and thankfully no scars. I can’t say Joni won or lost her first fight but she held her own against a four year old when she was only two. Her dad was so proud of her.

2 comments:

Chellie said...

That is hilarious! I'm not sure what I'll do when Jaxon gets in a fight like that... I was thinking I'd just stand there and cheer... haha.
Joni is a cutie and so forgiving-- since they were best friends just minutes later!

Nan said...

That is so funny. When Emily was little we were playing in the Fiesta fun center in St. George and she go bit so hard it broke her skin. After that she was a biter, realizing it was the cure of all fights. Must run in the family.