CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Highlights from our Utah Trip




Favorite Activities while hang'in in Delta:




Burning down the house:






45 seconds into the fire






Our Utah portion of the trip started off with some bad news. Ryan's mom and dad have been having trouble with their mortgage with all of the interest rate increases. Coincidentally we came home to find their house on fire the same day they received a forclosure notice. Weird huh?
Just kidding. This is an old house on one of the farms that was too old and run down to live in anymore. So...



They dug a big hole in the back yard and the boys got to go trash the inside like Extreme Makeover. Once all kids and adults were accounted for they soaked it in gas, left a trail, then lit a match. After there was nothing left they push it all into the big hole.






....after 10 minutes....



....Joni and Jack enjoying the show....



.....20 minutes.....


...30 minutes...


This was so fun. I could not believe how hot it got even at a distance and how FAST it happened.


We are so glad we were in town for this family event:)


Other fun things we did in Delta:


Playing in the dirt with Grandma Jackson...and Danny.



Aubry giving Aunt Joni kisses.
Joni and Aubry love Aunt JoniJack teaching Uncle Ryan about new technology.

This was also Jack's Birthday.

Happy Birthday Jack:)

Out west of Delta on and Desert:

Joni and Ryan out west of Delta on the dessert.

They went with Grandpa & Grandma Jackson, Uncle Ken, Brooks (Ryan's brother), and his son Josh who is Joni's age. (I had to stay home and let Aubry get one good nap since it had been weeks since she had one...and she slept for five hours! I guess she was really tired.)

Ryan and Brooks getting the Razer stuck!
Grandpa Jackson laughing at them while they got suck!
One sleepy, dirty Joni. She LOVE the Razer!

Favorite activities in Panguitch:

While we were in Panguitch my sister Sherrie and family came to Panguitch to see us a long with my sister Tiffany. We had a great time.



Aubry disovered her love for popcicles! I think Grandma let her have like 10!



Aubry and Kalee playing in the durt. They are six months apart and had so much fun together exploring their world.Joni and Ashlee

Joni and Ashlee spend two days playing princesses, dress-ups, the piano, and outside they found one of Grandpa's old boats and enjoyed a great two hour game of Pirate with Jason and Logan They had so much fun I wanted to play too!

Lake Powell with Grandma and Grandpa Bulkley and Tiffany

My Dad doing his favorite things: Spending time with the grandkids, fishing, and laughing at me:)

I love Lake Powell! It is so beautiful.

Me, Aubry and My Mom!

We had lunch on this cute little sandy beach with a great view.

This was a perfect day because we were like the only people around.

Joni loves her Aunt Tiffy!

We had such a great time but it is good to be home!

9 comments:

Clanturner said...

Holy Cow - When you blog , You blog. I can't keep up. After seeing the PlayaDelCarmen blog - i am so excited for our trip. Thanks for putting the bug in Dennis' ear. You are awesome. Your flight there is crazy! That would only happen to you. What is it with you and flying? I wish we could have made it up to see you. We can't wait until we see you next month, and then again in Sept.

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness! I just was checking in to see if you were home yet. Wow, you had quite the trip!!! I can't imagine the stress you must have been under with all of the passport mumble jumble! You poor girl, What a great hubby! Glad you had a getaway!
I wanted to let you know that Myah's party is Friday the 30th at 11:30 at our house, I am behind in getting the invites out, I need your address! Can you email me at daysmom@charter.net with it!
Miss you and need to see you and the girls!

MiandMiksmom said...

Where have I been? Is this all new or am I way behind??? Jen, I cannot believe the passport story...seriously, you are so calm...I would be absolutely freaking out...what a mess. I'm glad you had fun and that the girls did too!

robin said...

You totally had me with the house burning down story but the passport story oh my heck! Glad it worked out for you.

Laurel said...

Your kids have more fun than any kids I know! I love all the pictures... probably that only time I'll see your girls looking messy and not matching ;).

Chellie said...

The house burning story was funny! That is some fire!
Lake Powell looks AWESOME! I can't wait for our trip there and Mexico too. I've really needed something to look forward to, so thanks!
I love seeing the girls having fun and getting dirty! They are so cute!

Heather said...

I was like, "Oh how sad that Ryan's parent's home burned down!"

Only in Delta!

Anyway, so whenever you decide to stop blogging, call us and we'll go out - we've got a lot of catching up to do!

Suz EQ said...

Way cute Pictures. By the way you have been tagged. check out my website to find out more info.

Tauna said...

Now that's what I call a bomb fire! Looks like things have been a little eventful for you guys. Lake Powell looks way fun. I've been there only once- and I seriously loved it. That's quite the story about the passport. you poor thing!